FATWORLD is the fifth project to emerge from ITVS's Electric Shadows initiative, a special fund for innovative Web-original projects that offer untold, provocative stories by today's independent storytellers.
Electric Shadows projects include: OFF THE MAP, the Webby Award-winning site that takes users on a multimedia tour of works by backyard visionary artists; BEYOND THE FIRE which explores the human cost of war through the stories of 15 teenage refugees; FACE TO FACE, connecting the experiences of Japanese Americans in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor with those confronting Arab and Muslim Americans in a post- 9-11 America; and CIRCLE OF STORIES where Native culture bearers guide users through the art, heritage and legacy of the Native American oral tradition. The 2007, the alternate reality game WORLD WITHOUT OIL, created a global oil shock and enlisted the world�s collective imagination to document the crisis with blogs, videos and images.
ITVS Interactive developed a special Electric Shadows call for proposals targeting independent game developers. FATWORLD was the top project selected by a panel of game industry leaders and marks the first online video game funded by ITVS.
All Electric Shadows projects are available online as a special feature of the Independent Lens site at PBS.org.
- Persuasive Games
- Game Design - Dr. Ian Bogost
- Production - Gerard LaFond
- Programming - Alejandro Quarto
- Art Direction - Nicolas Massi
- Music - Daniel Sadowski
- Research - Amanda Day
- ITVS Interactive
- Senior Producer - Cathy R. Fischer
- Producer - Jen Kaczor
- Marketing Coordinator - Imad Salloum
- Resources - Elizabeth Meyer
- Publicity - Voleine Amilcar
- Special Thanks:
- Jenny Bradbury | PBS Teachers
- Shawn Rider | PBS TeacherLine
- Barbara Campbell | Penndale Middle School
- Scott R. Kuhn | Hatfield Elementary School
- Donna Kleinert | Hatfield Elementary School
- Larnie Capistrano | ITVS
- Wilson Ling | ITVS
- FATWORLD Website Created By:
- Warehouse Agency 2